Tuesday, January 13, 2015

TBR Jar

I have seen people all over booktube have TBR jars and use them to help them get some books off their shelves and actually read them and I thought it was a cute idea.  So this year, I made one but modified it to better suit my needs.  I decided to pull about 15-16 books (hmmm...looks like 17) which I really want to read this year, put them in a jar (or in my case a coffee cup) and pull one a month.  This way I don't have to include all my unread books ( a task I don't want to take on right now) and I can probably be more faithful to what I pull out and not end up drawing out choices 5 or 6 times a month until I get a book I actually want to read.  Below are the books I included.  The title should take you to the goodreads link.

1.  Spirit Dust - Rosemary Clement Moore
2.  Magnificent Vibrations - Rick Springfield
3.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
4.  One Bloody Thing After Another - Joey Comeau
5.  Christine - Stephen King
6.  Precinct 13 - Tate Hallaway
7.  I Thought You Were Dead - Pete Nelson
8.  Those Who Fight Monsters - Justin Gustainis
9.  NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
10.  Mr. Mercedes - Stephen King
11.  Prince- Inside the Music and the Masks - Ronin Ro
12.  Insurgent - Veronica Roth
13.  Carrie - Stephen King
14.  The Trouble with Fate - Leigh Evans
15.  Roam -  Alan Lazar
16.  Alice in Zombieland - Gena Showalter
17.  Gone Girl - Gilliam Flynn

Now keep in mind, I already cheated, but at least the book I cheated with I already finished.
I knew Gone Girl would be released on DVD in January and I wanted to read the book before watching the movie so I "picked" it as the January pick.  Also, some of the other picks fit into other goals and challenges for the year.  I think this system may work well for me as most of these I
have wanted to read for over a year.

Goodbye from the Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment