Friday, August 28, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (30)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  This week is another small mixture of odds and ends from here and there.  I like having a wide variety to choose from.

From Edelweiss and Netgalley:


The Spider Evening The Dead House The Awakening

The Evening Spider: Emily Arsenault.  This doesn't come out until January 2016 but it sounds like a great thriller.
The Dead House: Dawn Kurtagich.  This one is released September 15, 2015 from Little Brown Books and it has been popping up everywhere.
Awakening (The Dark Rituals #1): Catrina Burgess.  Full Fathom Five is releasing this one October 7, 2015.


I grabbed a few from Kindle because they were all discounted this past week and because 1-click is dangerous:


Three Dog Life The Dolls Dismantled

A Three Dog Life: Abigail Thomas
The Dolls (The Dolls #1): Kiki Sullivan
Dismantled: Jennifer McMahon.  After reading The Night Sister earlier this month and loving it, I had to grab this one when I saw it for under $5.00.

 And these came home with me after a quick trip to the library:

Blackbird Unwept

Blackbird: Tom Wright.
Unwept (The Nightbirds #1): Tracy Hickman & Laura Hickman.

In some other news, Cassius LOVES birds and we have promised him all summer to hang a new bird feeder so it finally went up.  He is starting to gather a regular following and I can't wait until winter when more come around.  He will be thrilled!






What did you pick up this week?  Leave a comment so I can be sure to check out your stacks!


4 comments:

  1. Amazon is very dangerous for my book buying health! I did let control slip a little this week...ok a LOT...and I'm saving the rest for next week's haul! I need to behave for a week or two now...Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon is bad for my wallet. I loved The Dead House and hope you do as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, the Dead House looks like a good one for this time of year. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I love fall and Halloween. Great for reading and snuggling under blankets - usually with a pup or two.

      Delete