Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (21)



"Waiting on" Wednesday is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.  Here is what I am most waiting for this week:






***************************************************************************


The Dark Days Club - Alison Goodman
FROM GOODREADS:
London, April 1812. On the eve of eighteen-year-old Lady Helen Wrexhall’s presentation to the queen, one of her family’s housemaids disappears-and Helen is drawn into the shadows of Regency London. There, she meets Lord Carlston, one of the few who can stop the perpetrators: a cabal of demons infiltrating every level of society. Dare she ask for his help, when his reputation is almost as black as his lingering eyes? And will her intelligence and headstrong curiosity wind up leading them into a death trap?

However, you may have seen THIS cover:

I love pink but this may be too much of a good thing.  Anyways, I think the synopsis sounds good and I know people loved Eon and Eona so I can't wait to give this one a try.  It releases January 26, 2016.  

What are you waiting for this week?



8 comments:

  1. I do love Regency stories, especially ones with a supernatural element. Awesome choice, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh demons! Sounds like a good one. I much prefer the black cover, I don't think I would pick up the pink one to even look at the description. My WoW - http://125pages.com/waiting-on-wednesday-menagerie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh demons! Sounds like a good one. I much prefer the black cover, I don't think I would pick up the pink one to even look at the description. My WoW - http://125pages.com/waiting-on-wednesday-menagerie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink! But I think I agree with you about that pink cover. This book (and series) is new to me. It doesn't sound like a book that I would normally read, but I'll keep an eye out for early reviews and see if it's something I might be interested in. I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your Waiting on Wed graphic with your gorgeous boxer baby. Tell him happy National Dog Day from me and Rita. :) Thanks for stopping by Pooch Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES can't wait for this one, either. And so very glad they didn't use the AU cover for the US release. Eeeek that's alotta pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, is this like a paranormal historical romance book? Like Kristen Callihan's series? I am liking the feel from that blurb and yeah, that pink on that cover is a bit too much. I think they should have gone with an eerie and light reddish one that spoke of mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete