Monday, November 2, 2015

October 2015 Wrap Up

It sure has been a while but a lot has gone on this month so I felt a wrap up was in order.  I really need to work on doing wrap ups more frequently in 2016.  On the home front, the pups are fine and are gearing up for trick or treat as I write this.  Work has been stressful which led to some bookish impulse buys and I have made TOO many trips to the library.  On a bright note, Christmas shopping is almost done, and some great authors/publishers have sent me books/swag in the mail.  Well, enough of that and on to the review!

I read:

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Washington Irving
Triple Moon: Melissa de la Cruz
Once Upon A Zombie: Billy Phillips
Locke & Key Vol. 5 Clockworks: Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriquez
Monsterland: Michael Phillip Cash
Dear Clementina: Colin Burke
House Trained: Jackie Bouchard
Wonderland: Jennifer Hillier
Harley Quinn Vol 1 Hot in the City: Amanda Conner
Forget Tomorrow - Pintip Dunn

I guess I did better than I thought finishing 8 novels and 2 graphic novels.  I had two 5-star reads, six 4-star reads and two 3-star reads.  I also completed some challenges.





All I had to do was read one horror/scary book and I read 5 so that was an easy one to complete.



I completed PERIL IN THE FIRST and completed at least 4 horror books in September and October - I read 11 (Insert happy dance to the tune of Monster Mash).

I completed PERIL OF THE SHORT STORY and read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

And I completed PERIL ON THE SCREEN and watched tons of horror movies: Insidious 3, the new Poltergeist, Re-Kill, and The Hidden to name a few.  Watched A Horror Christmas Story on demand over the weekend and although it was Christmas focused, I was pretty impressed with it.

So I guess overall it was a much better month than I anticipated and although I thought I was coming up short in many of these, I did manage to accomplish all of my set goals.  How did you guys do?





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good month. Wow, impressed about the Xmas shopping almost being done! My goal for Oct was to finish draft #2 of my next book, but I only got half way through. I forgot how much time having a new release out would take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great and I totally forgot to do any sort of wrap up for October or those two challenges!! I am so bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! such good feelings from completing challenges.

    ReplyDelete