Saturday, January 9, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (48) - Who Said Christmas Has To Be Over???





Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.

So who said Christmas had to be over?  I was granted access to some really terrific galleys this past week or so and also picked up a few Kindle books for myself.  Looking back, the Kindle books were free except for the one First Reads choice which is also free for me because I am a Prime member.  So anyways, here we go!
(click on the pic to go to the Goodreads description).

From Amazon I grabbed: 


Cat Fancy Nightblade Harmony Black Sea Witch

Harmony Black comes out February 1, 2016 and is about an FBI agent who is also a witch and investigates occult activity and "real" monsters such as The Boogeyman. Sounds right up my alley. The Sea Witch has tentacles on the cover and over the past few months I have discovered that is pretty much all I need to buy the book - sad, but true.

I received the following from Netgalley and the publishers. A few of these I have really been looking forward to so overall, I am pleased.

The Progeny Into the Dim The Dragon Round Ghost Heart
The Mercury of Madness My Kind of Crazy Midnight Tango Taxi

I am thrilled to have a copy of The Progeny as it builds on the history of Elizabeth Bathory and that has always fascinated me. Also, Into the Dim is so hyped, how could I not be glad to have an early copy?


Also, Michael Phillip Cash and his publisher sent me an unsolicited ARC of his new novella and some swag (notepad, highlighter, lifesavers etc.)  Hope to work it in soon.



The History Major

Sounds like an interesting horror read, but I think it has a lot of triggers in it because there was a note attached to the package.  Luckily I can read about anything if it doesn't involve animal abuse/killing.

What did you get this week?  Leave me a comment so I can make sure to pop by your blog.  The pups and I wish everyone a happy reading weekend! 




6 comments:

  1. That is a psycho looking cat on that cover! Cats are not my favourite thing though I loved Claws by Ricky Sides because cats die! *grins* Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great ones. I put Sea Witch on my wishlist as not sure if I want to just grab it or not...lol. I also picked up Harmony Black this week. I want Progeny but not been accepted. :( Them Madness of Mercury is calling my name....lol. Great haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, it is like Christmas, Barb! Nightblade and The Progeny are of particular interest to me. :) I hope you'll enjoy ALL your new goodies! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for Cat Fancy is so bad it's good. I can only imagine how it'll read lol!

    I love the covers of My Kind of Crazy, Ghost Heart, and The Sea Witch. Bit disappointed in Michael Phillip Cash's cover but can't wait to see what you think!

    Good haul - looks like you'll have good reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harmony Black and Into the Dim are both books that I am planning to read. You have such an amazing lineup. I hope that you enjoy all of your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked up some great looking books this week. I grabbed Into the Dim as well and I was seriously considering requesting the dragon book. I still need to pick my prime book this month. I can't wait to read all of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete