Tuesday, February 2, 2016

TTT - Historical Settings I Would Love to Visit


This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  This week we are focusing on something related to historical or futuristic settings and I am featuring the top ones I love.  I will admit to having some trouble with this topic, so I will be lucky to find 5.  I also want to note that these settings may not be the safest.

A Curious Beginning
This takes place in London 1887 and was such a fun read.  I think it would be fun to be along for the ride with this cast of characters.

Late 1800's early 1900's in Fall City, Massachusetts.  I think it would have been a really interesting town to live in and observe Lizzie - perhaps from a very far distance.

Salem Witch Trials
I will admit I have never read this book, but I have always been fascinated by the Salem Witch Trials and basically everything related to Salem back then.  My luck though, I would have been on the wrong side of that inquiry - haha.

Jackaby
New Fiddleham, New England, 1892.  Maybe I just want to be a part of this book...who knows, but I love mystery and this seems like it would be a fun place to visit...and try to survive.


OK, so that's about all I can come up with at this time.  I am sure I will visit many other blogs and be like "Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks for stopping by!

 


6 comments:

  1. I've only heard of one of these, Jackaby but I realized trying to do my list I want to expand more! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd be up to visiting all these locales too, Barb. And I have Jackaby on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read A Curious Beginning! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks! I did enjoy A Curious Beginning and thought the time period was great. You would need to watch your safety in some of these places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Secret of Lizzie Borden looks like it might be interesting!!

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Lizzy Borden. I was chatting with someone who lives in the town where the events took place. She tells me that the house is now a B & B. Now that would be an interesting stay.

    ReplyDelete