Sunday, August 13, 2017

Mystery Blogger Award


I don't usually do a lot of award posts but when I this month's Blogger Comment Challenge partner, Erica from Erica Robyn Reads, had nominated me, I couldn't pass it up.  So here we go!

The rules:
  • Put the award logo/image on your blog
  • List the rules.
  • Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
  • Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
  • Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  • You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
  • Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
  • Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
  • Share a link to your best post(s)

THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF: 

1.  When I was a teen, I used to help my Dad prime and sand cars when he would do custom paint jobs.
2. All of our dogs have either had names that begin with "B" or "C" even though we often call Booker "T."
3.  My nickname in high school was Smurfette.  

5 QUESTIONS FROM ERICA:

1. What is the scariest most thrilling book you've ever read? - Stephen King's "The Shining" because the first time I read it was during the winter and the cold and snow just added to the atmosphere of the book.
2. What is your favorite book to screen adaptation? - Probably "What Dreams May Come" by Richard Matheson.  It's one where I actually liked the movie more and it stars Robin Williams in a serious role which I think he excelled at.
3. Do you use your local library?  If so, how often? - Most definitely.  I'm always requesting/reserving books and we have three branches in my town and I stop by one at least once every few weeks, sometimes more.
4. What is your current obsession? - A tie between collecting as much Prince memorabilia as possible and binge watching "This Is Us."
5. Who is you book blogger role model? - Such an unfair question so I'm just linking the two posts where I shared some of my favorite blogs HERE and HERE.
 

LINK TO MY BEST POSTS (I am finding this rather hard):

3. TTT - Ten Characters I'd Name A Dog After (still trying to convince next pup will be named Stoker


I don't like to nominate people because so many blogs are award free but if you feel like doing this, feel free to jump in and use the same questions Erica asked me.


6 comments:

  1. My current obsession is definitely Game of Thrones! And possibly sharks as I've got four films watched so far in my Deep Blue Terror! I think Stoker is a great name for a dog. Was Booker T named for Booker T and the MGs? I love their song Soul Limbo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are awesome obsessions. I don't think Booker T is named for the group but I love them as well. I think there was a wrestler once named Booker T and I heard his name bantered about and it just stuck.

      Delete
  2. I just started watching Game Of Thrones last night. Went through 6 episodes before I had to go to bed. I now understand why it's such a beloved show! Fun post, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to keep track of with Game of Thrones that when I marathon it, my head starts to spin. Chuckles is my go-to expert with her recaps. She really knows her GoT stuff!

      Delete
  3. Outlander starts back up in a few weeks and then my obsession will be back in full force. I am wondering how you ended up with Smurfette at a nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful answers!! Your read of The Shining sounds incredible! I too read that one during the winter the first time around.

    I've never heard of What Dreams May Come, but I'll definitely check it out! :)

    Thanks for participating! <3

    ReplyDelete